Services provided to the public by the Public Works Department include:
- Construction repairs to damaged roads and bridges
- Construction of capital improvements
- Construction of drainage projects
- Encroachment permits
- Transportation permits
- Maintaining assessment districts and county service area administrative tasks
- Supporting the implementation of area Geographical Information System (GIS) mapping
If you have any questions or need more information, please call the Public Works Department at (530) 283-6268.
Road Maintenance Services
Road Maintenance is more than asphalt. We set up work zones every day to clean culverts, grade road shoulders, install drainage facilities, fill potholes, trim trees for site clearance, install and repair guardrails, and do many other road improvement projects.
Most activities are done on a seasonal basis. Please remember to drive carefully through work zones, and feel free to ask questions of the crew or just say hi. Look for our crews doing specialty work during these months: