Certain applications under the purview of the Planning Department are discretionary applications and require review and action by Plumas County’s Zoning Administrator. The role of the Zoning Administrator is assumed by Plumas County’s Planning Director. For more information call: Tracey Ferguson, AICP, Planning Director at (530) 283-6214.
Zoning Administrator meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month in the Planning and Building Services Conference Room located at 555 Main Street, Quincy.
The duties of the Zoning Administrator are to act as a hearing officer and take action on discretionary applications and projects. The types of applications requiring review and action by the Zoning Administrator are:
- Certificate of Compliance
- Extension of Time
- Modification Permit
- Permit to Mine/Reclamation Plan
- Planned Development Permit
- Site Development Permit
- Special Use Permit
- Tentative Map
For more specific details on each type of application mentioned above, please visit the Planning Department’s Application and Handouts webpage.
After submitting an application to the Planning Department requiring review and action by the Zoning Administrator, the process generally involves the following:
- Planning staff opens a 30 day review period beginning from the date of application receipt, and then, based on the application and information submitted, Planning staff reviews the project and solicits comment from all departments and agencies affected by the project to determine if an application is complete.
- If the application is determined complete by Planning staff within the 30 day review period, a staff recommendation is prepared and a public hearing before the Zoning Administrator is scheduled for the next regularly scheduled meeting, while ensuring public noticing requirements are met. If a Negative Declaration or Environmental Impact Report is required as part of the staff recommendation, processing time may be as long as four to six months.
- At the public hearing, the Zoning Administrator will make a decision on the project, which may entail approval, conditional approval, or denial. Prior to the Zoning Administrator making a decision on the project at the public hearing, the project applicant (and/or representative of the project applicant) and the public will have an opportunity to comment on the project.
Decisions of the Zoning Administrator are appealable to the Plumas County Board of Supervisors. Appeals of the Zoning Administrator’s decision must be filed within 10 days from the date of the decision to be considered by the Board of Supervisors.
Next Regularly Scheduled Zoning Administrator Meeting - October 13, 2021
The Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing on the following matter on October 19, 2021 in the Board of Supervisors Room 308, Plumas County Courthouse, 520 Main Street, Quincy, CA
1:00 pm: Appeal of Zoning Administrator’s Decision approving special use permits for Place of assembly, Bed and breakfast inn, and Recreation facilities for Spring Valley Ranch, Beckwourth, Sierra Valley, CA (Plan C Holding, LLC). Appeal filed by Sharon L. Preckwinkle, 5225 Money Road, Beckwourth, CA
Special Use Permit & Adoption of Mitigated Negative Declaration #681: Spring Valley Ranch - Plan C Holdings, LLC (applicant/owner) - STAFF REPORT - EXHIBITS 1-8 - EXHIBITS 9-20 - EXHIBITS 21-26 - PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE