Register to Vote

Registering to Vote

If you are a first-time voter or have had a change of name, party, or residential address you may register to vote:

  • Online at the California Secretary of State's Website
  • In-Person by bringing your completed Voter Registration Card to the Plumas County Elections Division located in the Quincy Courthouse
  • Through the Mail by mailing your completed Voter Registration Card to the Plumas County Elections Division located in the Quincy Courthouse. Postage is pre-paid

Physical Voter Registration Cards are available at the following locations:

  • Local Post Offices
  • Local High Schools
  • Portola City Clerk's Office
  • Plumas County Clerk-Recorder's Office - Elections Division - Quincy Courthouse
  • Plumas County Library

If you have questions about registering to vote call 530-283-6256 or 1-844-676-VOTE toll-free.

You Must Re-Register to Vote if You Have:

  • MOVED - (Even if you move next door - you may be eligible to vote in different districts)
  • CHANGED YOUR NAME - (Recently married or divorced)
  • CHANGED YOUR MAILING (PO Box or Residence Address if you receive home delivery)
  • CHANGED YOUR POLITICAL PARTY PREFERENCE - (Or change to No Party Preference)

Use of Voter Registration Information

Information on your voter registration affidavit will be used by elections officials to send you official information on the voting process, such as the issues and candidates that will appear on the ballot. Commercial use of voter registration information is prohibited by law and is a misdemeanor. Voter information may be provided to a candidate for office, a ballot measure committee, or other persons for election, scholarly, journalistic, political, or governmental purposes, as determined by the Secretary of State. Driver's license and social security numbers, or your signature as shown on your voter registration card, cannot be released for these purposes. If you have any questions about the use of voter information or wish to report suspected misuse of such information, please call the Secretary of State's Voter Protection and Assistance Hotline at 1-800-345-VOTE (8683).

Certain voters facing life-threatening situations may qualify for confidential voter status. For more information, please contact the Secretary of State's Safe At Home program at 877-322-5227 or visit the  Secretary of State's website.

Special Voting Circumstances - Military and Overseas Citizens and their eligible spouse or dependent(s) may obtain a ballot 60 days before the election. For more details, ask your commanding officer or download the Federal Post Card Application and get additional information.


For voter requirements, please visit the California Secretary of State's voter registration web page or contact the Elections Division at (530) 283-6256 or 1-844-676-VOTE.

Voting Information for persons with a criminal history (Incarcerated or formerly incarcerated)  

Click here for voting information for Inmates.