Department of Facility Services 2023 Energy Efficiency Projects
Plumas County is currently working with ENGIE North America to perform an Energy Assessment for a majority of County owned buildings throughout Plumas County.
"ENGIE North America is part of the ENGIE Group, a global leader in low-carbon energy and services with 96,000 employees and 170 years of heritage."
ENGIE's 5 key priorities are:
- Energy Solutions
- Flexible Energy Generation
- Global Energy Management & Supply
You can learn more about ENGIE at engie-na.com/about/
Plumas County is currently exploring:
- Adding solar power to the Health & Human Services Building (Annex)
- Adding a large solar grid (site to be determined), which will allow Plumas County to "attach" their PG&E accounts to
- Upgrading interior and exterior lighting to LED bulbs
- Installing generators at essential buildings that currently do not have backup generator power
- Installing new, energy efficient HVAC units
While the County is only in the beginning phases of this assessment, we are optimistic that County buildings can become more energy efficient, costs can be reduced, and essential buildings can remain open during power outages.