Eastern Plumas Health Care
Plumas District Hospital
Seneca Healthcare District
I tested positive or have had an exposure to COVID-19. Now what?
Click here for a generic check-list for anyone who test positive for COVID-19.
Click here for CDPH's Guidance for Local Health Jurisdictions on Isolation and Quarantine of the General Public.
Click here for CDPH's Self-Isolation Instructions for Individuals Who Have or Likely Have COVID-19.
Click here for CDPH's Self-Quarantine Instructions for Individuals Exposed to COVID-19 (Close contact or exposure).
At-Home COVID Testing Kits (Antigen Tests)
Free at-home COVID-19 test kits are available at Plumas County Public Health Clinic during regular business hours.
If a Close Contact with a positive individual, CDC states you should test five days after the last contact (exposure) or as soon as you have symptoms.
A close contact is someone who was within 6 feet of a person with COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes over a 24-hour period starting from 2 days before symptoms appeared (or, for patients who do not have symptoms, 2 days prior to their test) until the time the patient is isolated.
- What should I do if I get sick or someone in my house gets sick?
- What should I do if I have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19?
- What is the difference between symptomatic and asymptomatic testing?
- What do contact tracing and close contact mean?
- What increases your risk of infection?
- I recently traveled outside of Plumas County or someone outside of the county came to visit me and later tested positive for COVID-19. What should I do?
- Is there a cost to get tested?
- Can someone test negative and later test positive on a viral test for COVID-19?
- How can I get tested for a past infection (antibody test) and what does my test mean?
Plumas County Public Health Agency does not conduct COVID-19 testing at our clinics or facilities; or direct testing at Health Care Facilities operating in Plumas County. Rather, Public Health collaborates with Health Care Organizations throughout the County to ensure adequate testing is available. The Plumas County Health Officer provides recommendations to the Health Care Organizations regarding testing at their facilities throughout Plumas County. If an individual is identified as a close contact of someone diagnosed with COVID-19 during a case investigation, Public Health works with the Health Care Organizations in the County to prioritize testing.