Clerk-Recorder Division Home
**The County Clerk is not the Court Clerk.**
For Plumas County Superior Court information call: 530-283-6232 or 530-283-6305.
The Plumas County Clerk-Recorder;
- Promotes public confidence by providing the very highest level of courteous efficient service.
- Achieves open communication through teamwork and the spirit of goodwill.
- Provides ethical performance while maintaining and preserving the public's records in a secure and easily accessible environment.
- Ensures integrity in the administration of fair and impartial elections.
Duties and responsibilities of the County Clerk - Recorder Department's Recorder Division include:
- Issuing marriage licenses and performing short ceremonies
- Maintaining registries for process servers and legal document assistants
- Processing Fictitious Business Name statements filings as well as environmental documents including notices of determination, environmental impact reports, etc.
- Processing notary public filings
- Recording all land title documents, liens, mining claims, and veteran's discharges
- Registering vital statistics including births, deaths, and marriages
- Providing certified copies of vital statistics and documents
Plumas County Clerk-Recorder
520 Main Street Room 102, Courthouse
Quincy CA 95971
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Document Recording 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily (Closed Wednesday 11 a.m. to Noon)
- 2023 Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Documentary Transfer Tax Table (PDF)
Calculate the amount of Doc Tax for your Document
- Documentary Transfer Tax Exemptions (PDF)
If claiming exemption, the code section must be stated on the face of the document being recorded or documentary transfer tax must be paid.
Call for an Appointment First.
Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Complete the Application Form and bring it into our office AFTER CALLING TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. PLEASE CALL 530-283-6128 TO RESERVE A TIME FOR YOUR LICENSE ISSUANCE. You must have a current Photo ID, and be at least 18, and if any previous marriage ended in the past year further documentation will be needed.