You may report any problem or concern about the behavioral health services you receive here at any time, verbally or in writing.

  • Grievance forms and self-addressed envelopes are provided in the lobby for your use. Please direct all correspondence to Jessica McGill, Quality Assurance & Compliance Officer, Plumas County Behavioral Health, 270 County Hospital Road, Suite 109, Quincy CA 95971, telephone 530-283-6370.
  • A grievance is a concern about any aspect of your mental health services.
  • An appeal is a request for a review of a decision that was made.
  • An expedited appeal may be requested in certain circumstances as defined by law.
  • A State Fair Hearing is an independent review conducted by the California Department of Health Services if you feel your grievance or appeal, was unsatisfactorily resolved.
  • For complete information on Plumas County's Grievance and Appeal process, see pages 47- 54 in the Guide to Medical Mental Health Services booklet (you may also request a copy from a staff member).

Staff can help you with this problem-resolution process. You may also ask the Patient’ Rights Advocate to assist you:

Smithwaters Group 1-800-970-5816

 You also have the right to - 

  • Authorize another person to act on your behalf.
  • Select a provider as your representative in the appeal process.
  • Identify a staff person or other individual to assist, with the grievance and appeal processes.
  • Not be subjected to discrimination or any other penalty for filing a grievance or appeal.
  • Identify a staff person or other individual to provide information regarding the status of your grievance or appeal.
  • File a grievance or appeal verbally.

If you need this notice and/or other documents from the Plan in an alternative communication format such as large font, Braille, or an electronic format, or, if you would like help reading the material, please contact Plumas County Behavioral Health by calling (530)283-6307 or (800)757-7898.