Can I report a crime to the District Attorney’s Office?

In most cases, crimes must be reported to the Plumas County Sheriff's Office or other law enforcement agency which has jurisdiction over the area where the crime occurred. A list of the law enforcement agencies in Plumas County is located on this website’s “Links” page ( 

Show All Answers

1. I need some legal advice or a referral to an attorney. Can the District Attorney's Office help me with this?
2. I was arrested. Can the District Attorney's Office give me a copy of my police report?
3. I want a restraining order to keep my spouse or other person away from me. Will the District Attorney’s Office do this for me?
4. I am the victim of a crime and I want to drop charges. Can I do this?
5. I was the victim of a crime. How do I find out what is happening with the case in court?
6. I am the defendant in a criminal case. Can I talk to the District Attorney?
7. I received a subpoena. What do I do?
8. I am a merchant. Can the District Attorney’s Office help me collect a bad check?
9. In court, the judge ordered the defendant to pay restitution to me. So far I haven’t received any money. What should I do?
10. Can I report a crime to the District Attorney’s Office?
11. I was cited and released by the police. Can you tell me if the District Attorney filed charges against me?
12. Is David Hollister the person working on my case? Can I talk to him?
13. Is Mr. Hollister available to speak before a community group (Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, etc.)?
14. I am a student and interested in becoming a prosecutor. Does the District Attorney’s Office have any type of program that can help me?