Quincy YA Book Club
Community YA Book Club Guidelines
As of now, the Quincy YA Book Club has been paused. If you are interested in restarting the book club, please contact Lindsay at email@example.com. Thank you to everyone who joined us over the last few years!
Current Book Choice of the Month(s):
- Books will be picked two months in advance at the monthly meeting (e.g. books for November will be picked at the September meeting.)
- Library Staff will provide a list of at least four books to vote on at each meeting; attendees may nominate books to be added to the final vote too. The final selection will be decided on by a vote. Nominated books must be less than 450 pages and must be available in paperback. [Note: Library Staff has the final say if the selected book is appropriate for the group.]
- Several copies of the month’s book pick will be available at the library. Selections will not be available through the zip book program. If demand is there, one copy of the book will also be available through Overdrive as an e-book.
Plumas County Library would like to foster an environment that is safe, fun, and conducive to the enjoyment of book discussion among book club members. Please:
- Maintain a respectful attitude toward all book club members.
- Respect the opinions and/or viewpoints of other members.
- Share the floor and make sure all attendees get an opportunity to speak.
Previous Book Choice of the Month(s):
September 2022: Scythe by Neal Shusterman [can be found in the catalog here]
October 2022: A Cuban Girl's Guide to Tea and Tomorrow by Laura Taylor Namey [can be found in the catalog here]
November 2022: Yolk by Mary H.K. Choi [can be found in the catalog here]