Quincy Book Club
Community Book Club Guidelines
Hosted with Barn Owl Books
Monthly meetings of the book club shall be held on the third Tuesday of every month at 4:30pm - 5:30pm in the Quincy Library Public Meeting Room.
The Library’s meeting room is still closed so we will be meeting at Dame Shirley Plaza (bring a lawn chair!) at 5:15pm for the foreseeable future.
August 25 meeting is cancelled due to air quality from the fires. We are going to do both the Aug and Sept books at the Sept meeting instead.
Sept 28 meeting is moved due to air quality. If you are a regular member of book club you would have already received the address; please contact Kara directly for more info.
Please note: Currently we plan to meet at the Plaza for Sept (Mon Sept 28) and Oct (Tues Oct 27) and then possibly switch to zoom meetings for winter. However, as we all know COVID-19 makes it hard to completely plan even a month into the future.
Book Choice of the Month(s):
Tues Oct 27 2020: Bunny by Mona Awad [can be found in our catalog here]
* The Library’s meeting room is still closed so we will be meeting at Dame Shirley Plaza (bring a lawn chair!) at 5:15pm
- Books will be picked two months in advance at the monthly meeting (e.g. books for November will be picked at the September meeting.)
- Book selections can be nominated by any attendee. Final selection will be decided on by a vote. Nominated books must be less than 450 pages and must be available in paperback. [Note: Librarian or bookstore employee has final say if the selected book is appropriate for the group.]
- Several copies of the month’s book pick will be available at the library. Selections will not be available through the zip book program.
- Books will also be available for sale at Barn Owl Books.
The Plumas County Library and Barn Owl Books would like to foster an environment that is safe, fun, and conducive to the enjoyment of the book discussion among book club members. Please:
- Maintain a respectful attitude toward all book club members.
- Respect the opinions and/or viewpoints of other members.
- Share the floor and make sure all attendees get an opportunity to speak.
Book Choices of the 2020 Year:
Jan Choice: The House of Broken Angels by Luis Alberto Urrea [found in our catalog here]
Feb Choice: November Road by Lou Berney [found in our catalog here]
March Choice: America For Beginners by Leah Franqui [found in our catalog here]
April Choice: Whiskey When We're Dry by John Larison [found in our catalog here]
August Choice: Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson [can be found in our catalog here]
Sept Choice:Trust Exercise by Susan Choi [can be found in our catalog here]
Oct Choice: Bunny by Mona Awad [can be found in our catalog here]