For Plumas County Superior Court information call: 530-283-6232 or 530-283-6305
The County Clerk is not the Court Clerk.
Online Order Payment Options
The County Clerk - Recorder's Office accepts credit cards for online orders at 530-283-6218. You may also process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this service - VitalChek Network Inc. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard®, and Visa®.
NOTICE TO GOLD MINERS - 2018 Annual Assessment Work - Proof of Labor - SB2 Fee Applies
If you received a form from the Federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM) for local mining claims this year, please download the correct form provided. The BLM forms do not meet the California requirements for recording documents. Please use the correct form to avoid your paperwork being returned unrecorded and avoid missing the deadline to get your document recorded. You may download the recordable form here: Affidavit of Assessment - Proof of Labor Form (PDF). Please note, the correct form is 2 pages and will save you additional recording fees. Also, this form has no requirement to be notarized, you just have to submit the original document for recording. If you have questions, you may contact our office at 530-283-6218.
REMEMBER, your county taxes must be paid in full at the time your document is submitted for recording. Please provide a separate check for your taxes made payable to the Plumas County Treasurer-Tax Collector.
2018 Mining Claim Facts
NOTICE - SB2 - The Affordable Housing and Jobs Act - $75 tax applies to recordable documents, including Mining Claims.
Documents presented for recording without proper fees will be returned unrecorded.
Read the Government Code Section 27388.1 (PDF) and how it affects your documents.
Learn who to contact with your concerns: Contact Information (PDF)
How was this law passed? Contact: Governor Newsome (PDF)
- 2019 Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Documentary Transfer Tax Table (PDF)
Calculate the amount of Doc Tax for your Document
- Documentary Transfer Tax Exemptions (PDF)
If claiming exemption, code section must be stated on face of document being recorded or documentary transfer tax must be paid.
BLM Mining Information
Local Mining Claim Forms
- Mining Claim Form - Notice of Location - Placer (PDF)
- Mining Claim Form - Notice of Location - Lode (PDF)
- Mining Claim Form - Notice of Intent to Hold Claim (PDF)
- Mining Claim Form - Proof of Labor (Affidavit of Assessment) (PDF)
- Mining Claim Form - Abandonment of Claim (PDF)
Clerk Forms and Vital Records
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- California Secretary of State
- California State Board of Equalization
Environmental Document Posting - Public Comment Information
Assessor's Form - Transfer of Property
License Application Form (PDF)
Complete Application Form and bring in to obtain your license.
Must have current Photo ID, be at least 18 and if divorced in the past year, proof of final judgement date.
Plumas County Clerk-Recorder
520 Main Street Room 102, Courthouse
Quincy CA 95971
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Document Recording 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily (Closed Wednesday 11 a.m. to Noon)
Marriage Licenses and Ceremonies:
Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. - License Issuing
Monday through Friday - Call for Appointment for Ceremony at the Courthouse
The Plumas County Clerk-Recorder;
- Promotes public confidence by providing the very highest level of courteous efficient service.
- Achieves open communication through teamwork and the spirit of goodwill.
- Provides ethical performance while maintaining and preserving the public's records in a secure and easily accessible environment.
- Ensures integrity in the administration of fair and impartial elections.
Duties and responsibilities of the County Clerk - Recorder Department's Recorder Division include:
- Issuing marriage licenses and performing short ceremonies
- Maintaining registries for process servers and legal document assistants
- Processing Fictitious Business Name statements filings as well as environmental documents including notices of determination, environmental impact reports, etc.
- Processing notary public filings
- Recording all land title documents, liens, mining claims, and veteran's discharges
- Registering vital statistics including births, deaths, and marriages
- Providing certified copies of vital statistics and documents